Sokkia GYRO X II Automated Gyro Station
Determine azimuth anywhere, anytime.
Backsight, traverse, and solar observation are no longer required for seeking true north when GYRO X II is on the job. It operates anywhere, anytime, where other technologies cannot work or when no known station is available.
GYRO X II uses a suspended gyromotor that oscillates around the earth's meridian (true north) due to the principle of precession caused by the rotation of the earth. This principle realizes faster and more precise measurement than other solutions.
The GYRO X II is ideal for:
- Directional controls for tunnel construction.
- Internal baseline setup for enclosed spaces – inside buildings or hull blocks.
- Directional controls for parabola antennas or power lines.
Key GYRO X II features Include:
- Integrated onto an advanced Sokkia SX auto-pointing total station that can be used for traditional surveying and measurement applications
- Only 19 minutes* for measurement effectively doubling your work efficiency and decreasing operator stress on every job.
- 15” azimuth accuracy. The combination of special application software and advanced motor drive system allows the true north position to be automatically calculated within an accuracy of ±15” (5mgon / 0.074mil).
- Easy-to-use with three simple steps for a measurement: 1.Point the Gyro Station roughly in the direction of true north. 2.Release the clamp. 3.Push the measurement button.
*Combination of preliminary measurement and regular measurement. When measured at 35° latitude area. Measurement time differs by the latitude due to the nature of gyro motor.
Write Your Own Review
if you lack gps or a comprehensive understanding of time conversions from jd epoch and back this is what you need for GLO workReview by david l mjayne plson 7/3/14it is good to 30 seconds as good or better than any altitude method of azimuth determination.A little better than my 1888 Weis with solar attachment and a lot less trouble